cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I SPEAK TO A HUMAN for assistance with dropbox setup/syncing/accounts....

How do I SPEAK TO A HUMAN for assistance with dropbox setup/syncing/accounts....

TEG1
New member | Level 2

I'm finding dropbox increasingly frustrating to use. Considering switching to google drive. I need a human being to talk to (their support seems invisible? No live chat? No email support?) 

5 Replies 5

Re: How do I SPEAK TO A HUMAN for assistance with dropbox setup/syncing/accounts....

Mark
Super User II

www.dropbox.com/support will list all support options available to you. 

Phone support is only available for paying business customers. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: How do I SPEAK TO A HUMAN for assistance with dropbox setup/syncing/accounts....

TEG1
New member | Level 2
Hi, but I do have 2 paying Dropbox accounts - one is a business account.
How do i get a phone call??

Rich
Super User II

@TEG1 wrote:
... but I do have 2 paying Dropbox accounts - one is a business account.

Is it a Dropbox Business account, or just a paid Plus or Professional account that you're using for business purposes? If it's a Dropbox Business account and you're the team admin, you can find the option to receive a callback in your Admin console under Help.

Hank31
New member | Level 2

Rich,

I went thru this exercise today and was just about ready to tell Dropbox where to put their product.  However your messages I found the answer to part of my questions.  

My question was simple:  I have a desktop computer that I have been using for six + years and about two  years ago upgraded my Dropbox type to the Business class.  Two weeks ago I bought a fancy Laptop computer and opened a Dropbox site on it.  I am using the Basic option and it is full now since it only has 2G of space. 

The remaining part of my question was :  Can I share some of the Business class space with the new Laptop?

Hank31

[email address removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines]

Rich
Super User II

@Hank31 wrote:

Can I share some of the Business class space with the new Laptop?

No, you can't share space between separate accounts.

If it's a true Business account that you have, you can invite the Basic account to join the team, which would allow it to use all the space available to the Business account. This isn't the same as just saying "Allocate xMB of space to Account A" though. Joining a team will merge the Basic account into the team account. It will no longer be a separate account, but a team account using one of the licenses from your Business account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Hank31 New member | Level 2
    TEG1 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?