cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel being a member of a business standard account?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Experts, 

I signed up as a member of a Business Standard Dropbox group, using my Gmail login. It said it would access my adress book. I wasn't happy with that but I continued anyway. Then my wife got a message saying that because her account was linked to mine that Dropbox had accessed her address book. 

This was a bit too much Dropbox snooping for my taste, so I would like to cancel my group membership (hopefully obliterating any link to my regular Gmail account or that of my wife) and re-register with another Gmail account. I've looked at several help pages but I can't figure out how to do it. The directions are either for a regular Dropbox account or for the administrator of a Business Standard account (e. g. there is no "cancel plan" option under my "Plan" tab).

Continuing, I have a seldom-used Dropbox account for another group I work with. I think that account was set up with a regular Dropbox login. Should I use that account to register with the new Business Standard group? 

Opinions and advice welcomed.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I cancel being a member of a business standard account?

Super User II

@mike_789 wrote:

You can't. The team admin of the Dropbox Business account has to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account and any files within it. If they do remove you and your account is deleted, they only have seven days to restore the account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II

@mike_789 wrote:

You can't. The team admin of the Dropbox Business account has to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account and any files within it. If they do remove you and your account is deleted, they only have seven days to restore the account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

@Rich

Thanks very much for your reply on this. I'll start down that path.

Mike

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

@Rich 

Thanks for your help. [I noticed that my previous reply did not like to @Rich, so this is a resend.] Mike

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?