cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rename Member- Dropbox for business

How do I change the name on the account of a member of my team?

Paz S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How do I change the name of a Dropbox for business member? I was able to change only the email address

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey folks - I hope my message finds you well!

I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to give you some more context about this.

Members of business teams are able to change their name from their account's settings (from their end) normally while Team Admins don't get this option even if they use the "Sign in as user" feature for security purposes. 

In any case, thanks for sending along your feedback! I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to the team for their future consideration. 

I hope this helps clear things up and should you have any more questions, please let me know. 

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Adar Y.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem - is there a solution for this?

Cheri S.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same problem . When the team member joined the business shared folder they entered in their name followed by their email address instead of just there name. So the wrong initials show up whenever this team member is placed on a shared folder or a team.

Is there a way to edit the display name of the team member. I can't find any way to do this in the admin console?????

Dan C.36
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same issue - want to be able to rename a Member to ensure consistency across the team.

Can this be done through the Admin console?

Adam A.16
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet?

dps700
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there a solution to this problem yet? I have a member of a shared folder who is no longer in his former post as an elected city official. This post has been taken over by a new person, but the email address has stayed the same (i.e. townmanager@city.com). I tried deleting the old contact, yet when I proceed to add the email address for the new person (identical to the old), the old official's name pops up automatically. Is there any way to change his name so I'm not insulting my customer?

akarpf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same question for me - any answer there?

AverageJoe
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,   Just had this issue. Need to sign in as the user. Go to the smiley face up in the right hand side corner, click on settings.  First option is to change name. This then feeds back into the admin console.. where this really belongs. 

PeteyBoone
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Is there an answer as to how to change an erroneous member name? The correct e-mail address shows but the member name is incorrect. I can change the admin name in the Settings page but I cannot change a member name. I tried deleting the member and reentering the correct info but as soon as I enter his e-mail address it pops up with the wrong name and an error message tells me that I need to restore or transfer his account. I just need to change his name. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey folks - I hope my message finds you well!

I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to give you some more context about this.

Members of business teams are able to change their name from their account's settings (from their end) normally while Team Admins don't get this option even if they use the "Sign in as user" feature for security purposes. 

In any case, thanks for sending along your feedback! I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to the team for their future consideration. 

I hope this helps clear things up and should you have any more questions, please let me know. 

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?