cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Rename Member- Dropbox for business

How do I change the name on the account of a member of my team?

Paz S.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

How do I change the name of a Dropbox for business member? I was able to change only the email address

15 Replies 15

dps700
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

So if a member of a shared folder is no longer with an organization, and therefore unavailable to sign in themselves and rename with their replacement's name, it's impossible as admin to remove or rename that member, correct? Specifically, I have a folder shared with a public official who left office years ago and I'm unable to update the new official's name. It's rather embarrassing for the old name to keep popping up. Email address has remained the same., i.e. administrator@city.com.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If you have access to the email and the password associated with that Dropbox account, you can log in and change the name from the account's settings @dps700!

Is this not working for you?  

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

dps700
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

No, I do not have the private passwords of the members of the shared folder.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Changing the name on a Dropbox account requires access to it so they'll have to do it from their end then @dps700

Let me know if I am missing something here and in the meantime, have a lovely weekend.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Finn803
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Here's what I did. First you have to change the email address of the user you want to change to one of your personal email addresses, one not linked to dropbox. Then log out and sign in with that personal email address of yours but click the forgot password link. Go to that email and reset the password. Then log in as user using your email and new password. Click the smiley face and under settings change the name. Then log out and log in as admin, change the email address to the user's email. Reset password. Should be much easier.

dps700
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Finn803: That sounds like it will work. Thank you!

Need more support?