cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I leave a team and get back to original my paid personal account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I had/have a paid personal Dropbox account. A colleague at work created a free business account and added me as a member. I remember getting a dialog box about linking my personal account and team account - that they'd remain separate but be accessible from the same account. Now it looks like I don't have my paid account and the free business account is full. How do I disconnect from the team and get back to the personal account I have already paid for?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How do I leave a team and get back to original my paid personal account?

Super User II
Super User II

@evanslyke wrote:

How do I disconnect from the team and get back to the personal account I have already paid for?

If you joined the team with your existing paid account (i.e. you didn't create a new account), then any time remaining on your account would have been refunded back to the payment method on file with Dropbox.

To be removed from the team, you need the team admin for the Business account to convert your account back to an individual account. Make sure they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account and the content within it.

Once you've been converted back to an individual account you'll need to re-subscribe to whatever paid plan you wish to have.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How do I leave a team and get back to original my paid personal account?

Super User II
Super User II

@evanslyke wrote:

How do I disconnect from the team and get back to the personal account I have already paid for?

If you joined the team with your existing paid account (i.e. you didn't create a new account), then any time remaining on your account would have been refunded back to the payment method on file with Dropbox.

To be removed from the team, you need the team admin for the Business account to convert your account back to an individual account. Make sure they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so would delete your account and the content within it.

Once you've been converted back to an individual account you'll need to re-subscribe to whatever paid plan you wish to have.

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?