cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer files from Dropbox Business to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

How do I transfer files from Dropbox Business to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

cachelpme
New member | Level 2

I have trial Dropbox Business.  What a mistake.

Even though now nobody else is connected to this Dropbox Business account, I cannot remove my folders files photos from it.  I want to put them on my MacBook Pro desktop.  I have tried multiple times to drag them to my desktop, but they bounce back saying, team members won't have access.  There are no more team members.  

My items are taking too much space to simply downgrade to a personal account, and I don't want to use this interim service Dropbox has.  I simply do not trust it.

I set up a personal account to move folders to that account for easier access, but my computer will not allow these two folders to link. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I transfer files from Dropbox Business to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, you can easily copy entire folder from your business to the personal account by following these steps:

This will essentially, immediately and painlessly, transfer the content of an entire folder to the personal account, and making the business account have no further access to the folder.

You can continue to do this until all your folders have been transferred to the personal account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: How do I transfer files from Dropbox Business to my computer and delete them from my dropbox?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, you can easily copy entire folder from your business to the personal account by following these steps:

This will essentially, immediately and painlessly, transfer the content of an entire folder to the personal account, and making the business account have no further access to the folder.

You can continue to do this until all your folders have been transferred to the personal account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?