cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i permanently delete files & folders in a team folder in bulk

How do i permanently delete files & folders in a team folder in bulk

New member | Level 2

All of our users are set up so that they cannot permanently delete files. However, with data protection I do not want deleted files to remain in the background so want to permanently delete them. However, I cannot seem to find a way to do this in bulk? I can go into admin console/team folders and into each of the folders and select show deleted files. This gives me the list of current and deleted documents/folders. I can select each of the deleted documents/folders that I want to by checking the box and using control/shift. However, as soon as I do this the normal three dots disappears and there is no option to delete shown on my screen. I have quite a lots of documents that I wish to permanently delete and going through each document one at a time is going to be time consuming? Does anyone have a solution for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do i permanently delete files & folders in a team folder in bulk

Dropboxer
Hi there, currently there isn’t a method to permanently delete files in bulk via the admin console.

You’ll need to navigate to the deleted files page for each user by first using the sign-in as feature, and then do the permanent deletions from there, selecting them using the checkboxes. 

Hope this info helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: How do i permanently delete files & folders in a team folder in bulk

Dropboxer
Hi there, currently there isn’t a method to permanently delete files in bulk via the admin console.

You’ll need to navigate to the deleted files page for each user by first using the sign-in as feature, and then do the permanent deletions from there, selecting them using the checkboxes. 

Hope this info helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?