cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I structure my team with multiple companies?

How should I structure my team with multiple companies?

Explorer | Level 3

I have an a company (which has staff) but that also owns three other companies. The structure looks like this:

ERG

ERC       ERV      ERA

ERG has staff but ERG also owns ERC, ERV, and ERA which also have staffs of their own. Each of the companies have their own email domains (@ERG, @ERV, @ERC etc.)

What is the best way to organize a dropbox so that teh ERG staff can have access to all of the ERC, ERV, and ERA files but the people at ERC, ERV, and ERA only see their files... 

Should we start an ERG Dropbox and set ERC, ERV, and ERA up as individual team folders? How will the email adresses work as usernames?

1 Reply 1

Re: Multiple Companies

Dropboxer

Hi @rtamraz, thanks for posting today!

Assuming you're on a Dropbox Business team, then as you suggested, team folders for each separate team, and then further breaking down each team within the folders with different departments, would be best. You can also invite users to specific folders, and via groups as well.

Regarding email addresses, each user on the Dropbox Business team would have their own account to access files, and you can use any email you wish. 

Let me know if you need any further info!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?