cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disconnect my personal account from business account

How to disconnect my personal account from business account

New member | Level 2

I have just been invited to join a business account (with my personal emailadress) and I connected my personal account by mistake and wish to disconnect it. Having looked through the help guides, I'm struggling to disconnect. When I go to settings the accounts are disconnected, but my personal account is still showing under the business account. I'm also not able to leave the team. Any ideas? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to disconnect my personal account from business account

Super User II

@Lola87 wrote:

I have just been invited to join a business account (with my personal emailadress) and I connected my personal account by mistake and wish to disconnect it.

Rather than connecting your two accounts (a proccess that keep them separate but allows you to sync both) it sounds like you've joined the team with your personal account. This merges your account into the Business team, effectively ending your account (it belongs to the business now).

In order to leave the team you'll need to contact the team admin. They need to convert your account back to an individual account. Make sure they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so will delete your account. It needs to be converted to an individual account. Refer them to the following help article:

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Super User II

@Lola87 wrote:

I have just been invited to join a business account (with my personal emailadress) and I connected my personal account by mistake and wish to disconnect it.

Rather than connecting your two accounts (a proccess that keep them separate but allows you to sync both) it sounds like you've joined the team with your personal account. This merges your account into the Business team, effectively ending your account (it belongs to the business now).

In order to leave the team you'll need to contact the team admin. They need to convert your account back to an individual account. Make sure they don't simply remove you from the team. Doing so will delete your account. It needs to be converted to an individual account. Refer them to the following help article:

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Hello

Thank you very much for your feedback. In the meantime, a support member was able to help me and shared this helpful link: https:confused face:/help.dropbox.com/de-de/teams-admins/admin/convert-to-individual

Thanks for your support.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?