cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know what members were emailed about unsupported file types

How to know what members were emailed about unsupported file types

New member | Level 2

How do I find out which members were emailed?

"We’ve emailed any members who will be affected with next steps that explain what’s changing and how to move their Dropbox folder"

With all the phishing emails going around, my members probably just deleted it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to know what members were emailed about unsupported file types

Explorer | Level 4

I have had the email, there's nothing really in it. It just says you need to move Dropbox on xxx to an Ext4 location (I am on Linux).

There is also a link to this page, https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/cant-establish-secure-connection?oref=e#location

But of course it's no real help for those people who have a fully working system and don't want to go around repartitioning the disk just for the sake of one little app.

For me it was good timing since I nearly forgot to cancel my sub and the email reminded me just in time. My files are now happily sitting in my ownCloud instance on the same filesystem as everything else and my long relationship with DropBox will shortly be over and done.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: How to know what members were emailed about unsupported file types

Explorer | Level 4

I have had the email, there's nothing really in it. It just says you need to move Dropbox on xxx to an Ext4 location (I am on Linux).

There is also a link to this page, https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/cant-establish-secure-connection?oref=e#location

But of course it's no real help for those people who have a fully working system and don't want to go around repartitioning the disk just for the sake of one little app.

For me it was good timing since I nearly forgot to cancel my sub and the email reminded me just in time. My files are now happily sitting in my ownCloud instance on the same filesystem as everything else and my long relationship with DropBox will shortly be over and done.

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?