cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make folders/files available automatically to members of a group (for new hires)

How to make folders/files available automatically to members of a group (for new hires)

New member | Level 2

Hi, I work for a company with about 20 people. We want to organize dropbox files and folders, so that there is an admin team group, HR team group, and executive team group. When we have a new hire, we could put them as a member in the admin team group. Then, they would automatically gain access to all files/folders that are already shared with that admin team group. Is that possible?

Do we need to use team folders for this? I already read the article on how to use team folders and the article about editing/permissions.

It was not clear though - if a member is added to a group, will they automatically have access to everything that group has access to? This is what we would like to accomplish, so that we don't have to share each individual folder to the new hire - we have too many files.

1 Reply 1

Re: How to make folders/files available automatically to members of a group (for new hires)

Dropboxer

Hi @jennifercopiaresources; welcome to our Community!

Groups are an easy way to add and remove lists of people to your shared or team folders and makes managing sharing easier. 

As per your concern, quoting from the relevant Help Center article, adding a member to a group will invite them to all shared folders that were shared with the group indeed.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any follow up questions Jennifer. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?