cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove a member outside a team

Highlighted

How to remove a member outside a team

New member | Level 2

Hi

At my organisation we have run into a problem which we cannot solve ourselves. 

My boss accidently wrote a wrong non-existing email when he were to set-up my account on dropbox. This means that this wrong email, which belongs to nobody, is marked as having access to our folders, but at the same time it is also outside our team. This means that when we click "members" --> "share" the user does not appear with the rest of us, and consequently we cannot remove it. We would really like to have this user, with an email that does not exist, removed. Do any of you know how we can possibly do that? 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: How to remove a member outside a team

Dropboxer

Hi @Annikaij, thanks for posting on the Community!

There are two possibilities on what the team admin can do, either delete the user entirely from the team, or change the email to the correct address.

Could you confirm that you have your own Dropbox account under the correct email, and that you're part of the team?

This will help me assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?