cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I accidentally joined a Dropbox Business team & I'd like to return to my previous configuration.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

NOt exacly sure how to ask the quesiton, but here goes.... How do I remove a group folder form my personal account?  I had an account then was asked to join a group, the group took over.  Gobbled up my data storage and reconfigured my synced folders and account name.  

I want it back like it was, but also would like to be part of the group, how do you do it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I accidentally joined a Dropbox Business team & I'd like to return to my previous configurat

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@JPFJR), while I was able to locate your open Support ticket on our system & I could see that you’re already discussing your options with my colleague, I understand the urgency of this matter to you & I’ll try to help you as much as I can on my end, too. 

The best next steps for you at this point would be contacting your team admin, as they could convert your Dropbox Business account to an individual one that’s no longer connected to the team.

Please let me know how this works for you or if you have further questions & I’ll do my best to touch-base with you soon. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: I accidentally joined a Dropbox Business team & I'd like to return to my previous configurat

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there (@JPFJR), while I was able to locate your open Support ticket on our system & I could see that you’re already discussing your options with my colleague, I understand the urgency of this matter to you & I’ll try to help you as much as I can on my end, too. 

The best next steps for you at this point would be contacting your team admin, as they could convert your Dropbox Business account to an individual one that’s no longer connected to the team.

Please let me know how this works for you or if you have further questions & I’ll do my best to touch-base with you soon. Thanks! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Jane my wife and I just had this same issue happen on our other DB account. We were asked to join a team and our account was merged with the other team and our dropbox account name changed.  We were immediatley credited almost $100 from DB and appeared that all of our files and folders were now in the hands of our client! After failed attempts to get in touch with someone at DB, I found this post and had the admin of the Team account follow the instructions. After doing that our account has been DELETED and now we have no way of accessing our files and folders on DB. We paid for a pro account and want to reinstate things as they were prior to this colossal mess. Considering DB has no way of calling or starting a support chat, what do we do?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Tip_Reports, I’m here to help; thanks for reaching out on the Community! 

As I’d need account-specific info to further advise, would it be okay with you if I created a support request on our system on your behalf? 

Please let me know when you have some spare time & I’ll touch-base with you asap. Thanks again!

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Did this get resolved?? I just accidentally joined a team with a personal account, I want to revert immediately, but I don’t want to lose all of my files.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @ak112, apologies for the slight delay in getting back in touch with you. 

While my post above should point you towards the right direction, I can also see that my colleague has replied back to your open ticket on Friday regarding this issue. Have you contacted your admin &/or seen my coworker’s message?

Keep me posted! 

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I joined a team also. I did not realize it was going to pull all my dropbox files to it. I have deleted the files from my personal folder in the team folder and am waiting for the admin to complete the final deletion since I cannot do it. Now I just want to know how to get my personal account back. Everytime I log in it goes right to the team folder.

Please help

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @mje1971, thanks for the nudge!

While you’re waiting for the admin to convert your team account back to a personal one, maybe they could send you a shared link with all your files, so that you work until they disconnect you from the team. 

I hope that this helps to a certain extent; please let me know how you get on!

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?