cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to apply permission on a per directory basis for members of my group.

I am trying to apply permission on a per directory basis for members of my group.

Lodekka
Explorer | Level 3

I currently have a group of 3 users on the business trial. I am creating folders but it appears that there is only admins and non-admins as groups. Furthermore, that the folder permissions don't allow me to block a user of my team from seeing the folder at all.  Furthermore, my other team members have a directory that I, as admin and owner of the account, cannot see. This seems like basic functionality for a business/team situation. Am I missing something, like some place where I can control these thigns? I want to see and have control over all directories, groups and users in my account. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I am trying to apply permission on a per directory basis for members of my group.

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know of this detail (i.e. that your team shares a team space), this has been really helpful @Lodekka!

In the content manager, you can organize the folder structure in the team space & then administer permissions by assigning Groups. If you want to make the top level of the team space editable by Only admins on your Dropbox team, you can change the “Top-level editing” setting at:

Please do let me know here how this suggestion works for you or in case I’ve misunderstood your inquiry in any way & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks again for your cooperation & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: I am trying to apply permission on a per directory basis for members of my group.

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey @Lodekka, thanks for posting your inquiry on our Forum! 

Just so as to make sure I’m following-up with you correctly, can you let me know whether you’re seeing a purple folder with a person icon, as the one you can see here

Once I have this detail, I’ll do my best to further address your inquiry. Thanks again & I'm looking forward to hearing back from you!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Lodekka
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, we each have purple folder visible only to us. As owner of the account, I am suprised that I have no authority to access or limit contents of this folder.

My issue is not related to the purple folder, it is related to several team folders I have created. I want to create a folder for myself and another team member only, not the whole team. 

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know of this detail (i.e. that your team shares a team space), this has been really helpful @Lodekka!

In the content manager, you can organize the folder structure in the team space & then administer permissions by assigning Groups. If you want to make the top level of the team space editable by Only admins on your Dropbox team, you can change the “Top-level editing” setting at:

Please do let me know here how this suggestion works for you or in case I’ve misunderstood your inquiry in any way & I’ll check back with you asap. Thanks again for your cooperation & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?