cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created an account to join a team, and now I'm not able to login

Highlighted

I created an account to join a team, and now I'm not able to login

Helpful | Level 5

We have a group through Dropbox Business for our firm. When I was creating a new account for a new employee, the initial creation went fine, but I never received a confirmation email from Dropbox to either spam or regular folder, with the no-reply email added to the contacts. 

I was prompted with "other people at this domain are part of a team, would you like to request to join". I sent the request, the administrator accepted it. Once this was done, I went back to the new account and there was a message at the top of the screen saying that the account could not be found (I don't remember the exact wording, I thought it was just a glitch) - but I was currently logged into it. It clearly was not added to the team on this end, but it was also not showing up in the team members panel. I still did not receive an email from any of these steps. 

Now, I am completely locked out of the account. It will not let me change the password, it is not showing up on the admin panel for our team, nor will it let me create a new account because the email address is already in use. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I created an account to join a team, and now I'm not able to login

Helpful | Level 5

Daphne - Support solved it. It was being trapped in the loop because of the invitation that was still open. Removed the invitation, removed the loop. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @cgrace18, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this!

Can you just confirm for me, what error exactly are you getting when you try and sign into that account?

Also, within the admin console, is the account still showing up as "pending" still perhaps?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

Daphne - Support solved it. It was being trapped in the loop because of the invitation that was still open. Removed the invitation, removed the loop. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am not sure who opened my letter.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @cs08, thanks for joining us here!

I'm not sure that I understand what you're referring to I'm afraid.

If you're having some trouble, please let me know a little more detail about this and I'd be happy to help out.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Thanks, I succes to use dropbox

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?