cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I joined a team and all my files are now part of it.

I joined a team and all my files are now part of it.

sdybowski
New member | Level 2

Hello.

I joined a team (client requested for me to join to add files) and all my thousands of files synced with the team dropbox. Now, I dont have my private business account with my files on it and my Dropbox has a team name. 

The admin is trying to remove me from the team as I don't want to share my files with them.

Will the files go back to my personal upgraded Dropbox? I cannot lose them.  This is a prompt my client gets when she tries to remove me from the team. 

IMG_9971.jpg

1 Reply 1

Re: I joined a team and all my files are now part of it.

Rich
Super User II

@sdybowski wrote:

I joined a team (client requested for me to join to add files) and all my thousands of files synced with the team dropbox. Now, I dont have my private business account with my files on it and my Dropbox has a team name.

When you joined the team, you chose to merge your account into the team. That effectively transfers ownership of the account to the business and any remaining paid time on your account is refunded back to your payment method. The other option you have when joining a team is to join the team with your current account, but have all of your own files transferred into a new account and kept private.

The admin is trying to remove me from the team as I don't want to share my files with them. Will the files go back to my personal upgraded Dropbox?

In order to get your account back the team admin needs to convert it back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that happens, they only have seven days to restore the account, at which point they would need to convert it to an individual account.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?