cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm experiencing an issue saving files to Dropbox after editing on Adobe Acrobat.

I'm experiencing an issue saving files to Dropbox after editing on Adobe Acrobat.

New member | Level 2

Hi,

Can anyone help me please. Our company dropbox account isnt syncing or updating changes. All i keep getting is doc saved but no upload or sync change. Doesnt even update the one ive just edited. 

We use a range of software, Macs, Ipads, Samsung tabs and phones none are syncing. 

Any ideas what to do?? [personal information removed]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I'm experiencing an issue saving files to Dropbox after editing on Adobe Acrobat.

Dropboxer

As mentioned in my previous post, could you please first check that you’re running the latest version of mobile app on your device(s)? 

Furthermore, are you able to see any of these changes via your events page or via the version history of your file?

If you’re still experiencing this behavior nevertheless, I’d kindly recommend taking this discussion via email due to sensitive info that’s required to troubleshoot. You can contact our Support team, or I can contact you via email at your email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Re: Syncing and Saving

Dropboxer
Hey there @Osborne25! Initially, please note that I’ve gone ahead and removed sensitive info that you provided for security and privacy purposes.

As per your concern, are you experiencing this issue via the desktop app? If so, please ensure that it’s running and shows that it’s up to date and send me a screenshot of what you’re seeing (omitting any personal info)? You can check this by clicking on the Dropbox icon that’s on your desktop next to your clock

If you’re not referring to the desktop app, could you please provide a bit more detail as to the steps you are taking each time? Once again, any screenshots (omitting personal info) would be very helpful in having a better understanding of your concern. 

Finally, could you please check if you’re logged into the same Dropbox account on the website and your devices? You can check this out from:
Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

HELLO, SORRY FOR CAPS 

OKAY, SO EARLIER I USED THE DROPBOX APP ONE MY PHONE AND TABLET TO TRY AND OPEN A DOC THROUGH ADOBE ACROBAT, AS NORMAL. ONCE IVED EDITED / IMPUTTED INFO I NORMALLY JUST COME OUT OFF ADOBE BUT PRESSING BACK AND IT SAVES TO OUR DROPBOX ACCOUNT. 

THIS TIME IT JUST SAVES DOC SAVED BUT NOTHING UPDATES. NOT EVEN THE LAST TIME I WAS ON THE FILE ITSELF. 

IVE TRIED WITH SEVERAL WITH DOCS AND KEEPS HAPPENING. NOT SYNCING OR SAVING INFO

Explorer | Level 4
I am having same issues across the board and even called into Dropbox Business line support and they said they had no idea why it would do that and now I am running into 24 hours of not being able to run my business. Please update me if you have had it resolved?! Is it an Adobe or Dropbox error? Mine says same with document saved and no update happening. Thanks.

Dropboxer
Thanks for the swift reply, @Osborne25!

Once you ensure that you’re looking at the same Dropbox account throughout, could you also ensure that you’re running the latest version of mobile app on your device(s)? 

If you’re still experiencing some issues, I’d kindly recommend continuing this discussion via email due to sensitive info required. As such, you can either contact our Support team, or I can contact you via email at your email address that’s associated with your Forum profile. 

Also, @Borney, since your mention that you were in communication with a member of my team, I was able to locate your ongoing discussion and I can see that it’s under review by a colleague who specializes in this type of issue. 

Due to account-specific info necessary to troubleshoot, I’d recommend continuing the investigation via email with them. I’ve made sure to pass your comments along and they’ll get back to you with more info on this as soon as possible. Rest assured, they will do their best to assist you. 

Cheers! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I can confirm its the same account throughout being used. 

Just checked and both phone and tablet are up to date with no outstanding update needed

Yes please contact me via email

Regards 

Jamie Osborne 

Dropboxer
Thanks for confirming this, Jamie, aka @Osborne25

I’ve gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

New member | Level 2

@borney Thank you for your reply.

Its so frustrating, we use dropbox for all our comapnies documents and this could really start to cause an issue.

Im not sure if dropbox or adobe but its just frustrating. Im thinking could be adobe as ive tried on several devices and none safe. 

Explorer | Level 4
Have you received any kind of response? Because I have not and now all of my users cannot save any of their documents modifications.

Re: I'm experiencing an issue saving files to Dropbox after editing on Adobe Acrobat.

New member | Level 2

I have the same problem on the Samsung tablet and Smartphone. Latest installed versions (Dropbox, Acrobat). The pdf file can be opened well, but editing changes are not saved from August 31

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?