cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm getting an error when inviting an account to join my team. Can you help?

Explorer | Level 3

We have a corporate account that we are trying to add a new user to. However, when i enter their email it is saying "____@____.com isn't available to join your team".

Before they set up an account, we shared a folder to their email address, and they joined that without issue. But now they have run out of space and we're needing to add them to the full account. 

Anyone got suggestions on how to fix this?

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: I'm getting an error when inviting an account to join my team. Can you help?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @mylesm; how are you today?

Can you please try another browser and let me know if you get the same error?

If you do, please check the Members tab within your Admin Console and see if this person has already been invited to the team. In that case, click on the gear icon next to their email address and then click on the 'Send reminder' option and have the member in question to check their inbox.

In any case, please keep me posted Myles! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: I'm getting an error when inviting an account to join my team. Can you help?

Helpful | Level 5

I'm getting the exact same error message this evening "userx@business.net isn't available to join your team".  I tried a different browser as suggested and received the same error message.  Yes, I checked the e-mail address, I manage the e-mails as well.  Also, I had no difficulty sending invites to the remaining people on the team so I know I'm not out of licenses.  This is my first day with Dropbox, technical support is closed, and this post is the only thing coming up in a search.  How can I have added all of the other users with no problem and no fanfare after attempting this one several times?  Of course I need this project completed by Monday morning so that we can send our employees home with their new laptops.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 5

I responded already but have fixed my issue where I was receiving the same error message.  It just so happens that this employee had a dropbox account already, as did everyone else in the office so I knew that wasn't the issue.  However, this particular employee had upgraded to a Dropbox Team Trial.  I was able to cancel the account with no problem and his Dropbox reverted back to Basic.  I was then able to send an Invite immediately.  Evidently, if the e-mail recipient is running something other than Basic/Plus/Pro then they are probably running another conflicting business account, including a trial account.  Dropbox won't merge two business accounts.  I hope this helps.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?