cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not able to copy the drop box link

I'm not able to copy the drop box link

shaye
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

As of this morning, I am no longer able to copy a drop box link to email it to a client.  Can you help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @shaye - sorry to hear about this! 

If I were in your shoes I would also try a re-install using our offline installer from this page.  Should this persist, I'd go with the advanced re-install too. If all these prove to be fruitless, I'd go ahead and log a ticket with the Dropbox Support team and let them know about this. 

Hopefully this will get you going Shaye. Please let me know what you find after my suggestions and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance for your response and have a lovely day ahead!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
We need more info I'm afraid.... why? what is happening? Where are you trying to do this?

Please remember that we cannot see over your shoulder.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

shaye
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

When I go to the file and right click on it, I am not getting the option to "Copy Dropbox Link" so that I can copy and paste it into an email.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Have you made sure Dropbox is running?

Thats what usually has gone wrong. Re-run it from the Start Menu, or, reinstall : www.dropbox.com/downloading

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey shaye@Mark's tip will definitely give a hint on the culprit, thanks for posting us here on this inquiry! 

I’m just following-up on this discussion, as I’ve also made sure to run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your newest open ticket & I’ve made sure you’ve received a reply there.

Feel free to check your inbox for my message at your convenience & do keep us updated on the progress, so as to make sure this is fixed soon for you. Thanks again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

shaye
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for your suggestion.  I tried it and I am still unable to copy the dropbox link.  This is starting to get stressful because I have multiple clients and vendors waiting on files.

shaye
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks, Jane.  Still no progress.  :slight_frown:

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
So, Dropbox is running? You can see it in the status bar? Is it saying anything if you mouse over it?

Did you try a reinstall?

Remember that you can also get links from the website if you cant from the client. Follow the web bit at https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/view-only-access

shaye
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

When I mouse over the icon on the status bar, it says  "Dropbox 51.4.66 Up to date".  I tried reinstalling as you suggested.  Thank you for following up on this, Mark.  I need all the help I can get becuase I'm really in a bind now that the day is almost over.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Ok, as a work around is the website letting you get links? That may get you through for today

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

chris-of-dorking Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?