Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm on a Trial of Dropbox Business - Not going to join because Business disables camera auto-upload

Explorer | Level 4

I've seen another post about this, but I didnt experience it until I decided to try a Business account since my business has grown to be on the verge of needing it.

I'll preface by noting that I enjoy the auto-upload feature of Dropbox. With two small children at home I'm constantly taking quick photos of them with my phone, and when they auto upload I dont have to worry about connecting my phone periodically to manage personal images. I do enough image editing and management with my business as I am a professional photographer. With little time to spare I find the auto upload feature for camera photos indispensable.

I just started a free trial of Dropbox business as my needs with my business are begining to necessitate the additional storage/sync space. It looks to be a more simple solution to what used to be more involved and complicated network building for "cloud" based workflows... This morning I noticed that my camera photos are not uploading as they have been with the auto-upload feature, and I tried to find a preference within Dropbox to enable it and it looks to be impossible. I am not trying to create a separate "personal" account for this feature alone, that would take me back to managing the space used on DB which is what I am trying to avoid with considering a Business account. I'm not going to pay $750 a year to have to worry about one of my favorite features of DropBox being disabled, and constantly managing some sort of workaround to preserve the function of this feature. I am more inclined to just stay on the cheaper "Pro" account, keep the auto upload feature, and manage the 1TB of space more effectively.

The auto upload feature should be a user controlled preference for Dropbox Business, period. I can only assume that it is disabled in Business because of concerns that organizations might be able to access "Team members" personal photos, either intentionally or inadvertently, so they took the feature completely out. For me, its a reason to stick with the much cheaper "Pro" account and periodically manage the 1TB of space than to lose my favorite feature of Dropbox when I'm spending a lot more for unlimited space. The preference should be able to be enabled by the administrator, and then again by the individual user/Team member to ensure privacy.

If anyone knows a workaround within the Business account for this, where I dont have to connect a separate "personal" account please let me know.

Dropbox developers please reconsider this restriction on your service to your highest paying customers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I'm on a Trial of Dropbox Business - Not going to join because Business disables camera auto-up

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that the direct camera uploads feature means that Dropbox Business is not the most suitable product for you. I appreciate this and I am happy to pass your feedback along to our development team.

I would also like to include our Help Centre article that addresses this issue and explains how to use camera uploads with your Dropbox Business account in case you have not seen it:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/289

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: I'm on a Trial of Dropbox Business - Not going to join because Business disables camera auto-up

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that the direct camera uploads feature means that Dropbox Business is not the most suitable product for you. I appreciate this and I am happy to pass your feedback along to our development team.

I would also like to include our Help Centre article that addresses this issue and explains how to use camera uploads with your Dropbox Business account in case you have not seen it:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/289

Thanks,
Fearg

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply. I'll look through the link you sent. And thanks for forwarding the opinion to the developers. That was my intention to express a perspective to those who might consider a change to benefit users.

Case in point: I just had to take a pic of an inventory sheet to send to a client, and I instinctively went to my "camera uploads" folder and was reminded that its not syncing because of this issue... Took time out of my workflow to manually upload and email. May not sound significant but thats why I enjoy that feature... I'll look through the link you sent and see if there is a workaround that I missed...

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I am very deep, very dissipointed.

This club does it to reduce the upload capacity on her drives they give us less.

I cancel the accounts, mits the make it switcheble upload Yes / No in de admin concole.

Yhanks for nothing GedropteBox,

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?