cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm seeing an error message "Username already in use" upon trying to set up a new Dropbox account.

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I am trying to set up a dropbox account with a new email set up with our business and it is telling me that the username is already taken. When I select to request a new password and input the new email address i have set up, the email does not come through.

please help

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: username already in use

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @cbellamy, thanks for checking in with us on this! 

Just so as to make sure we’re on the same page, can you clarify if that’s a brand new email address you’ve set up or one that you’ve been re-assigning to users/members? 

Also, could you specify if you’re facing an issue receiving the verification email or you’ve tried to reset the password for this account? 

Last but not least, if you’re working on a Dropbox for Business team, could you see the member listed as Invited through your admin console? 

Please let me know of these details whenever you have a minute, in order to make sure I’m further advising you correctly! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello, yes it is a new business email set up. I dont belive this has ever had a dropbox account made using this email as my Manager passed it straight to me after it had been set up. 

I have clicked the 'forgotten password' link and put in the email address i am trying to set up, as it tells me it is already under an account, but the email does not come through.

The email I am trying to set up is not on the admin list for the Dropbox business 

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the speedy message back @cbellamy

Rephrasing from the resource above, can you have a second look on your Spam folder, add no-reply@dropbox.com as a contact to your address book & try once again?

As you mentioned that you haven’t invited this member to the Business team, it’s my understanding that you’d merely like to create a new (Basic) account for them; is that right? 

Please let me know how you get on with my suggestion & I'll make sure to advise a bit more accurately as we’re diving deeper. Thanks again! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Jane, 

I have checked the spam and added the contact and still no email. Yes i would like to creat a business account for this email so i can invite to our team drop box files. 

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the speedy message back @cbellamy; let me have a closer look into your account-specifics through our Official Support channel after this point if that’s okay with you. 

I’ve reached out to you directly on the email address connected to your Community profile & I’ll make sure to focus on that a bit closer as soon as I have the relevant details.

Thanks again for keeping in touch here!

Jane

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?