Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I'm trying to figure out what a limited member is in Dropbox Business.

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

When I look at my list of business members and click on the gear icon, one of the options is Downgrade User.  When you click it it says "...will be downgraded to a limited member. Limited members get less space and have restricted access to the team folder when their Dropbox is full. Admins can't suspend limited members."

I can't find any reference to this in online Help.  Can anyone explain more about a limited member?

I'm wondering if a limited member can be blocked out of a Team folder but still have others folders shared and synced to devices.

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: I'm trying to figure out what a limited member is in Dropbox Business.

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I am also wanting more information about the "limited member" account.  We have some accounts that are just for group use and not owned by individuals.  I would be curious to set one up with this permission but hesitate because it warns that "Admins can't suspend limited members or view their activity."  So is this account more like a personal account that can use some of the team space?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I expect they will become FREE/PRO accounts, and require there own space.

Sounds like they are implementing a cross over from the adhox TEAMs of free/pro accounts, and the orginal teams of the DfB account. 

Allowing DfB accounts to make a member a free/pro account and not one of there own, this would fall in line with the "Admins can't suspend limited members" warning, as the account has for all accounting purposes, left the account, but remained in TEAM as such.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Any updates on this.. I'm wondering same thing?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Any news?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I also find this explanation when you add a member (what is enough information for me): "Limited members get less space and have restricted access to the team folder when their Dropbox is full. Admins can't suspend limited members or view their activity." You do not pay for a limited member but it is part of your Dropbox environment.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?