Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I registered for the 30 day free trial for Dropbox Business but don't want to subscribe

lar New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi 

I registered for the free 30 day trail for Dropbox Business to get a feel for whether it was necessary for my business. I have since realised that I cannot afford to subsribe and would like to cancel my subscription.

I didn't realised that by signing up for the trial I would automatically be liable to pay from the end of the 30 day trial period.

How do I get out of this?

Thank you

12 Replies 12

Re: I registered for the 30 day free trial for Dropbox Business but don't want to subscribe

Super User II
Super User II

Cancel your subscription before the trial ends.

Re: I registered for the 30 day free trial for Dropbox Business but don't want to subscribe

lar New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Done! Thank you 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using our Dropbox Community? You can access the survey here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

Thank you!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Billie
Explorer | Level 4
I had a trial version of the Dropbox Business Account. I tried to cancel it before today but it didn't let me finish the process. Today I've received an invoice saying my account has been upgraded today. After receiving this email, I've tried to cancel the subscription again and managed to do it finally.
Will my bank account be charged something? I cant really afford to pay this subscription. Thank you. I would appreciate your quick reply. Bilie

Super User II
Super User II
It quite possibly will yes if the deadline was before today - after all if it didnt work when you tried it is reasonable to expect you'd seek assistance in cancelling it before the deadline rather than 'hoping' it didnt go through.

You may wish to call your bank/card company and make sure they dont allow and payments through and if you still have access to the Admin panel phone Dropbox and ask their billing people.

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Billie
Explorer | Level 4
Thank you. for a quick reply. Could you please help me to find the Admin Panel Phone number?

Billie
Explorer | Level 4
The deadline is 26th of July 2017.

Super User II
Super User II
https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/contact-support

- - -

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Billie
Explorer | Level 4
Does the subscription works like that that it takes the whole amount at once? What happens when you one cancels the upgrading during the subscribed period? In my case, the cancellation was made 15 minutes after the deadline.

When I log into the dropbox now, my account is a basic one (not business anymore). Could this mean that the cancellation was accepted or this doesn't have to do anything with billing?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?