cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I upgraded and got no more memory. Sure like to talk to someone

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I upgraded to business but also pay for memory I don't seem to have anymore. I would like to talk to someone

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: I upgraded and got no more memory. Sure like to talk to someone

Super User II
Super User II
You can see your account space and quota at www.dropbox.com/account and get info on how to speak to staff at www.dropbox.com/support

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @dainkirkpatrick - sorry to hear about this.

Would you mind sharing more information on what is not working for you or better yet send a screenshot of the error you get (if any) so we can have a look into it?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I just keep getting messages that say I'm almost out of memory. It also deleted a large file of mp3's that took forever to upload. When I say large, I'm talking less than 128G. Don't have time to deal with this unfortunately.... and I don't have close to 500G stored either. Very frustrating.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Just a quick note as I understand that time's of essence @dainkirkpatrick.

Your Dropbox folder is just a normal folder on your hard drive. Therefore, if you drag and drop files into the Dropbox folder, those files will be moved instead of copied. Is it possible that the error messages you get are coming from your computer's OS and not Dropbox? 

As mentioned, a screenshot of the error(s) you get will be very helpful. 

Let me know what you find when you get the time and we'll take it from there. 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@dainkirkpatrick wrote:

I just keep getting messages that say I'm almost out of memory.

We need to clarify exactly what the error message is as there can be very different meanings, not all of which are related to Dropbox.

Do you know if it's saying your Dropbox account is out of space, or possibly that your drive/disk is out of space? Also, does it actually refer to memory, and not space?

If you can, please provide a screenshot of the error, or type exactly what it says word for word, please. It might seem trivial, but it really does matter.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yes. Drop Box is out of space.... Prompting me to upgrade. Which I did... to Business. Sad, but I don't have more than 200G stored in DB. It deleted a large folder of MP3s before all this started happening as well. My phone has more stored on it than DB does. I've had DB dump more than just one folder too.... very frustrating. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Just to make sure we're on the same page here @dainkirkpatrick - can you let me know where exactly are you getting this prompt to upgrade? Desktop app, the mobile application or our website

Once again, a screenshot would greatly help our investigation and we'd be probably able to provide more suggestions on your case.

Furthermore, have you restarted your devices at all after upgrading? 

Last thing to note here is that Dropbox would never delete your files so I would advise to take a look at your Events page to see what or who might have initiated the deletions you mentioned. 

Keep us posted!

Walter

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Can you post a screen grab of the error?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?