cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been added to dropbox business but it doesn't work

I've been added to dropbox business but it doesn't work

gH21
New member | Level 2

Hello,

My boss has a dropbox business account, he has been adding collaborators without problem for years. I've joined the team with a google account made for people working for him, however dropbox keeps saying I have filled all MY space and need a subscription, like I had a basic 2go free account. We don't understand, every collaborator has been added successfully to the business dropbox but it doesn't  work for me. I can't find a straightforward way to contact Dropbox (just chatbot, no client channel to talk). 

If anyone has had the same problem and has the solution, that would be great because we're stumped. This is the first time in all his years using Dropbox business that such a problem has happened...

1 Reply 1

Re: I've been added to dropbox business but it doesn't work

Rich
Super User II

@gH21 wrote:

My boss has a dropbox business account ... I've joined the team ... however dropbox keeps saying I have filled all MY space and need a subscription, like I had a basic 2go free account

You weren't invited to join the Business account. You were invited to a shared folder, and in order to accept the share, you need to have enough available space in your account to hold the entire folder. If the folder is larger than your available space, you won't be able to accept it.

If your boss has an actual Dropbox Business account, and not just a regular paid account that he's using for business purposes, then he needs to invite you to join the Business team.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?