cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I was added to a Team Folder & now I can't remove myself, as the team doesn't have an admin.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I was connected to a team folder when I set up my dropbox account and now can't get removed from the team folder. The company who added me to the folder does not use dropbox and the admins have left the company... Can I delete my whole account and start over? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Getting off a dropbox team folder

Super User II
Super User II

The account actually belongs to the company, so only they will have access to remove you from the team or delete the account entirely. If they no longer have a team admin, they will need to contact Dropbox to resolve that before they can make any changes to the account.

If you're looking to start over, just register a new account using a different email address.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Getting off a dropbox team folder

Super User II
Super User II

The account actually belongs to the company, so only they will have access to remove you from the team or delete the account entirely. If they no longer have a team admin, they will need to contact Dropbox to resolve that before they can make any changes to the account.

If you're looking to start over, just register a new account using a different email address.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?