cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPad Pro is not seeing Camera Roll When Trying to Upload images

IPad Pro is not seeing Camera Roll When Trying to Upload images

Helpful | Level 6

The issue that I am running into is when I open up Dropbox on my iPad Pro, click on the “+” create, then click on “Upload Photo” for some reason the photos are the ones on my iPhone 7 Plus camera roll. I am not able to see the photos on my iPad Camera Roll. 

Have you run into this issue? And if so how do you fix it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: IPad Pro is not seeing Camera Roll When Trying to Upload images

Helpful | Level 6

I figured out the issue. 

What I had to do is log out of my iTunes account and log back in. Once I did that I was able to get access to the Camera roll. 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Dropboxer

Hi Brandon K.3, welcome to Dropbox Community!

Can you provide me with some more details on how are you viewing the iPhone 7 Plus camera roll? 

Additionally, a screenshot of what you see (omitting any personal information) would help a lot.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Helpful | Level 6

Let me clarify, I am not trying to access the iPhone 7 Plus camera roll from the iPad Pro. I have no idea how it is accessing the iPhone’s camera roll. 

What I expected is when I opened up DropBox on my iPad Pro it was going to access the camera roll on my iPad Pro, not my iPhone 7 Plus.

I can not provide a screen shot because the pictures are personal. You can try the same scenario step by step. It’s pretty straight forward. 

1) Open up DropBox

2) Click on the “+” Create icon

3) Click on “Upload Photos” 

At that point it only sees my iPhone camera roll from my iPad which is very strange. 

See if you can do the same steps and what you come up with. 

Dropboxer

Hey Brandon K.3, thanks for the prompt reply!

I have reproduced the steps you have provided me with and I will need one more clarification in order to have a better image of what is going on. 

Can you tell me which album do you see ticked when you “Tap here to change”? 

Looking forward to your reply!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Helpful | Level 6
When I click there what is checked off is “Camera Roll” which it is for some reason showing all the photos in my iPhone 7 Plus and I can’t see one image from my IPad. I made sure the images stored in the camera roll for each device were complete different for testing purposes. As well I deleted any other images complete off the each devices just incase DropBox was pulling from the “Recently Deleted” folder.

Dropboxer

In this case it this seems like an iOS issue rather than a Dropbox issue. If your iPhone photos are showing on the iPad then this is not Dropbox related. 

If you have any additional questions let me know!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox

Helpful | Level 6
I spoke to Apple and they said it’s DropBox issue because I can see the images in the camera roll using the camera app and other apps, it’s only Dropbox that I am having an issue with. So they asked me to uninstall Dropbox from the iPad Pro, then reboot the iPad. Same issue. They said I would have to contact Dropbox.

That is where we are now.

Helpful | Level 6
See above

Dropboxer

Hey @Brandon K.3 - thanks for keeping us posted!

In this case, I would suggest that you logged out of the mobile app and in again.  These are the steps to follow if you’d like to sign out of the app:

1. Open the Dropbox app

2. Tap on the menu button

3. Tap the gear icon (or "Settings" on older versions of the app)

4. On the Settings page, choose “Sign out from Dropbox” (Note: on older devices it may say “Unlink this device”). 

When you sign out of your device, you will need to enter your full Dropbox credentials the next time you open the app. Also, if you do not see the gear icon on this main page, first click on the icon on the bottom right of the app that says “Account”, “Personal” or your Dropbox Business name. You should see the gear icon on this account page.

One thing to note here is that the downside of signing out of the Dropbox app is that if you’ve marked any files as Offline files, you will have to do so again once you log back in.  Whenever you are ready to log back into your account:

1. Reopen our mobile app

2. Reenter your Dropbox account details when prompted.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue you are having Brandon- please keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Helpful | Level 6
Please read above I tried that with Apple support and same issue. They even had me uninstall the app on top just to see if that would work and clear any cache settings

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?