cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify team members with unmanaged accounts

Identify team members with unmanaged accounts

VAX-Admin
Explorer | Level 3

We have about 8 users that have unmanaged accounts using one of the two domains we have verified. I would like to be able to identify these 8 users prior to turning on "capture" for our two domains. Is there a way to do this? My understanding is that once you turn on Capture, then the users cant use their unmanaged account tell they accept the invite email sent out. in a nutshell;

• We have eight users that created personal accounts in Dropbox with one of our verified domains. 
  • I need to identify these users so we can work with them directly and not cut them off from their data.
  • In some cases our users personal accounts are where they have all their data

Any help is appreciated 👍

3 Replies 3

Re: Identify team members with unmanaged accounts

Lori
Dropboxer
Hi @VAX-Admin, welcome to the Dropbox Community! 

Due to data protection policies, it is not possible for us to provide admins with such a list.

You would need to use the domain Capture set in order to achieve that. 

Keep in mind, you wouldn't be preventing them from using their own data. They would only be prompted to either join the team, or change their email address.

Should you have any other questions, let me know more.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

VAX-Admin
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the response. When I choose capture settings what is the difference between the option All Users and Invited Users?

Both say "Will be blocked from using Dropbox on all platforms and redirected to join or change their email". I don't want any of my users "Blocked"

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @VAX-Admin

When you use the feature, the members that use your company's domain will need to either join the team, or change their email. 

Once they make a choice, they will be able to continue using Dropbox. 

All users means this is applied to all people with said domain, outside of the team, while invited applies only to the people you've asked to join the team.

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    VAX-Admin Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?