cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Integrate a new team after Business Trial

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am currently at the end of my free business trial of 30 days. I did this to try out the business plan in order to know if it was right for me, which it happens to be. To do this I was made administrator of my own team, as I started a new account. 

Thing is now that I made up my ming in keeping my business account, I want to integrate another existing team with its own administrator. But he says he can not add me unless I downgrade to basic. I can't find a way to do this whatsoever. It seems as it started as a business trial I can't downgrade? Is this true? 

What do I need to do to be added into another business team and keep all of the already uploaded files on my account? 

Tried finding support through chat (it seems not to be working for me anymore?) and through e-mail, but still haven't got a reply and need it fast as trial ends in less than 2 days. 

Thank you! 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Integrate a new team after Business Trial

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @Madalena, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

The easiest way to merge with another team would be to cancel the trial subscription on your account. In doing this, your account will be reverted back to a personal account, but you will retain all your data even if you have more than a Basic account can store. Dropbox wouldn't delete your data, only syncing will pause until you're able to upgrade again.

Once you're back on a personal account, the other team's admin will be able to invite you to their team. When you're onboard with the team, you'll be able to reorganise, share any data you need to and even add folders into the team shared workspace.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?