cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Shared Folders

Internal Shared Folders

New member | Level 2

Is it possible to share a subfolder with an user that has no access to the main folder that contains the subfolder?

E.g.

Purchase

- 00 Documentation.

- 01 Manuals

I have shared "Purchase" with User 1 & User 2. Now I want to share "01 Manuals" with User 3 (but no "00 Documentation"), is it that possible?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

2 Replies 2

Re: Internal Shared Folders

Super User II

No it isnt I'm afraid.

You cannot share a subfolder of an already shared folder.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Internal Shared Folders

Dropboxer
Hey peeps!

So, @Energias252, while this isn’t currently possible with personal plans (Basic, Plus and Professional), if you are on a Dropbox Business subscription then you can do what you mentioned within Team folders.

You would need to simply go to the subfolder, click share and add User 3, and they will only be able to see that folder and its contents but no folders/files above that level.

Hope this helps to clarify - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?