cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite members to Business account & connect my personal account to the Business plan.

Invite members to Business account & connect my personal account to the Business plan.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi there 

I would appreciate if someone could help me. 

I am very new user to Dropbox business as I have taken new responsibility at my work. I was given a Dropbox business which covers 14 members. The issue is that i don't what was the plan of the purchased? , In addition, it gives me few notifications like '' your dropbox and five others are full upgrade to business'' this is while it is already business one. Furthermore, some members are highlighted as they are over space which is only 2 GB . My question is if it purchased then why it is only 2 GB? if it is purchased which plan has been used? where can I get this plan? 

thanks for your great work you do.

Best,

Zana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dropbox business

Dropboxer

I've already reached out to you via email @zano - you can look in your inbox for my latest update and answers to your specific questions. 

Should you have any more questions, let me know through email and I will be happy to assist in any way I can. 

Thanks for using Dropbox and enjoy the rest of your day! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Super User II

Please log in to the Dropbox website and view the Plan page for your account. What does it show for your current plan? If it shows as a Business plan, check the number of licenses available to you on the Billing page.

Dropbox Business allows anyone that has been invited to join your team folder to share the space allocated for your team. If they haven't joined the team and are instead using their personal Dropbox account to access a regular shared folder, then they are still limited to the amount of space available in their accounts. You mentioned 2GB, which would be the starting limit for a free Basic account. That would indicate that the account is not part of your Business team and is instead just a free personal account.

People that join your team will have their Dropbox account merged into the Business account. Essentially, the accounts belong to the business at that point. They would then have access to the team folder and other features that are specific to Business accounts.

Reply back with your plan type and number of licenses (no personal information, please) and we may be able to help further.

Super User II
Hi Zana,

It sounds like if they are showing at 2gb they've not accepted and joined the business plan OR you have the free version of Dropbox and just use Teams.

For 14 members you would be paying a few thousand dollars a year, check with your finance team if they have a record of it or contact Business Sales at www.dropbox.com/business to find your details.

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for your great support.

Here is how the plan and billing are shown.

your guide please.

Regards,

Untitled.png

ZanoUntitled2.png

Dropboxer

@zano wrote:

Hi there 

I would appreciate if someone could help me. 

I am very new user to Dropbox business as I have taken new responsibility at my work. I was given a Dropbox business which covers 14 members. The issue is that i don't what was the plan of the purchased? , In addition, it gives me few notifications like '' your dropbox and five others are full upgrade to business'' this is while it is already business one. Furthermore, some members are highlighted as they are over space which is only 2 GB . My question is if it purchased then why it is only 2 GB? if it is purchased which plan has been used? where can I get this plan? 

thanks for your great work you do.

Best,

Zana

If a Business team has been downgraded, it will land in a state we identify as 'Limited Team', which is roughly a holding state for teams. It allows all of the accounts to be part of a 'team' structure while the team is in an unpaid state. I'm guessing that this could be the state you are in, based on the fact you mentioned it is calling for you to upgrade to a Business plan. Is it possible that the previous admin downgraded or otherwise set the team to be downgraded prior to you taking over the role? 

Normally I would point folks to the billing page for teams which will identify the type of plan you are on, which can be found at:
https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/team/admin/billing

Super User II
You appear to have a free Basic account and are using the free Team feature. This is not the same as a Business account. If someone is paying for a Business account, you're not utilizing it.

Dropboxer

Hye there @zano - welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear about this cumbersome situation Zana. 

As I would really like to help with this, I have located your already submitted ticket on our system and reached out to you internally. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience so we can take it from there. 

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Super User II
From that picture you are not paying at all for the account.

You need to contact Dropbox sales via www.dropbox.com/business to look at upgrades

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for all of your useful reply.

walt

I left few more question internally. Would appreciate if you reach me there.

best,

Zana

Super User II
The best thing to do Zano is contact sales - they will be best suited to help rather than the Tech support guys from here

www.dropbox.com/business

- - -

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?