cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to change the default save location to Dropbox instead of a different cloud app?

Explorer | Level 3

How do you set up that files in all applications autosave to DB, when i click on the autosave in applicaitons e.g word, its only gives me the OneDrive option to save to

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Autosaving

Helpful | Level 5

Just drop them to the dropbox. About microsoft office it is imposible, office work with onedrive, but you can use office file in web version dropbox and open it via office online it give you save to db automatically

Highlighted

Re: Autosaving

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @mandy65, while Aleksandr’s hint should be helpful (i.e. you can save your files in Dropbox), let me briefly add to that pointer that you can add Dropbox as a place if your inquiry pertains to the Microsoft Office Suite. 

From there Mandy, I’m not aware of a global setting that will default the Save location to Dropbox across platforms, however I’d suggest having a look at our app integrations that may come handy in regards to what you have in mind. Additionally, we’re also here in case further assistance is needed in any way; please let us know if that’s what you’re looking for or if you have more questions & it’ll be a pleasure to further clarify matters. Thanks for checking in with us & enjoy the rest of your day!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?