cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to go back to my account after joining a Business team?

Highlighted

Is there a way to go back to my account after joining a Business team?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My client emailed me a link to their Dropbox Business account. I accepted the invite and I thought it would give me access to the folder they shared with me. Now, my dropbox is considered dropbox business under their company name and all of my files and folders are under their company dropbox name. 

How do I go back to the way it was? 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Undo Business Account

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi there @fiveandtwo,

To go back to an individual account after joining a team, you'll have to ask the Business team's admin(s) to convert your account to a personal one. 

You can find more info and relevant steps here, and if you're not sure which user in the team is the admin, you can check out this article

Hope this helps!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you are experiencing a similar issue, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?