cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue connecting account

Issue connecting account

aerismel
New member | Level 2

I have an email which was connected to another account of one of my clients. I had them remove our email from their account https://www.screencast.com/t/QNxt8vmY and now I want to connect that email to my account but it says it's still part of another team [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

I don't see any way to contact Dropbox support for this and I think only they can fix it. Or can any one help? Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Re: Issue connecting account

Mark
Super User II

Make sure they've actively removed and deleted it and not just archived it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

aerismel
New member | Level 2

Hey, thanks for the response.

The email I received specifically says they have deleted my account. Does this mean there is something else they need to do?

LWR_Recording (5).png

Mark
Super User II

Yes, get them to check that its not been archived as I said. They've removed your access to the account but they may still have it sitting in an idle state on there admin panel - to get files back etc. if needed. To you, for all purposes, the account is deleted as you cannot access it anymore, but, they may not have actually totally deleted it.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @aerismel, thanks for posting on the Community!

What is most likely happening here is that it's still within 7 days of the deletion of the account. 

The email is reserved for 7 days, so that the admin can still recover that user to the team if it was an accident.

You can either wait for the 7 days to be up before you can use that same email to join, or you could have the old team admin add you back to the team, then convert your account to a personal plan. After this, you can then get invited to the new team.

If you need any more details, feel free to message back!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?