cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issues with a shared space

Issues with a shared space

vanemic
New member | Level 2

I have a shared link of the folder which gives recipients the capability to view the shared content without taking up space on your account, but still not letting me share information. Thanks 

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Why @vanemic ? We need more info here

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

vanemic
New member | Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply! I need to share large files with my content manager. The company has a large capacity to store large files from a Dropbox business. I have a basic personal account. They shared the folder with me as view only so I don't cap my limit space. When I try to upload another video, Dropbox does not let me. Please help! Thanks 

Mark
Super User II

Shared view-only folders do not have capacity to upload. So, either it isnt a shared only folder and as such it is correctly using your quota OR it is a view only folder and as such does not have the ability to upload. 

If you need to have edit access you need to have a shared folder AND capacity in your account.

If you just need to view and upload get a view only link and just look on the website - do not add to Dropbox or it uses your space and then re-upload to them via Requests: www.dropbox.com/requests 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?