cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join business account

Join business account

Hammondd
New member | Level 2
Hey! I am trying to join a team, but when I try to keep my files separate, I only get the option to create a new account.. not sign in with an existing one. I've tried signing out and signing back in using my company email, incognito window, and getting someone at the company to send me a new link. Nothing is working. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Join business account

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Hammondd, thanks for posting on the Community!

When you join a team, you should receive an invite to the email address you want to be a part of the team. 

Have they sent you an invite to your personal Dropbox account? If so, then only the email on your personal account can join the team, and not any other. 

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Hammondd
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay! They sent the invitation to my business email address.

Jay
Dropboxer
If they sent the invite to your business email, is this a new email created just for joining to the team, or one already associated with a Dropbox account?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Hammondd
New member | Level 2

It is not currently associated with any DropBox account. I created a profile using the business email address, otherwise, it has not been used. 

Jay
Dropboxer
Okay, so you joined the Dropbox Business team with this email, which is an empty account.

If this is the case, then there isn't a need to keep your files separate on another account, as this is only needed if the account was filled with your personal files.

If you already have a personal account, you can connect it to the work account using these steps.

This will keep both accounts with separate Dropbox folders on your machine.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Hammondd New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?