cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined a Business Acount, Asked Admin to Delete me from the Group, but deleted my account

Joined a Business Acount, Asked Admin to Delete me from the Group, but deleted my account

New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I am a small retail shop owner and I hold a dropbox account for my personal files and a separate dropbox account for my proffesional files. I got an invitation to join a business account from one of my supplies . I didnt notice that the invitation was for my personal account.

After joining the account, I asked him to remove me from the group in order to join in with my proffesional dropbox.

However, the administrator deleted my personal account from his business account members (no bad intenions) and now as a result I cannot log in to my personal account. Each time I try, there is an error that my account is deleted.

Any help how can I restore my personal files?

I guess the administrator ( he is a sales person, not an IT manager) choose the option to delete my account permanently, without knowing the full implications. I contacted him, but he can not find an option to restore me to the group or downgrade my account to personal !

Mainly , I am interested to get access to my personal files and downloaded them to an up to date back up.

1 Reply 1

Re: Joined a Business Acount, Asked Admin to Delete me from the Group, but deleted my account

Dropboxer

Hi @FGFarmakis, thanks for posting on the Community!

If your team admin deleted you within the last 7 days, they should be able to recover your account to the Dropbox Business team.

Once that has been done, they can convert the account back to a personal account using these steps.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?