cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined team, account was deleted, reinstated, but Pro storage now deleted

Joined team, account was deleted, reinstated, but Pro storage now deleted

New member | Level 2

I was invited to look at some photos. I had to join the inviter's team to see them. What wasn’t made clear in any pop-ups, was that I would have to leave my existing team. 

When I joined the new team I couldn’t leave it. There was no option to leave the team as there. Even though a friend showed me a screengrab of where the LEAVE TEAM option should be it was not shown on my screen.

The person who invited me to join the team then deleted my whole profile and account. He quickly reinstated me, but when I was reinstated I lost my Pro account that I have paid for. Now the Leave Team button is there, but when I click it is says I do not have the stoarge to leave (this is because my Pro account seems to have been ended). So now I cannot leave the team I don't want to be in or rejoin the team I need to be in. Catch 22.

I use dropbox for work and I’m now in a very sticky situation at a crucial time, the print deadline, for my magazine. 

I have scoured the FAQs in the Help section and can find nothing on this subject. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Joined team, account was deleted, reinstated, but Pro storage now deleted

Super User II

The team admin for the Dropbox for Business team that you joined and were deleted from needs to contact Support and request that your account be restored to its previous state.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Super User II

The team admin for the Dropbox for Business team that you joined and were deleted from needs to contact Support and request that your account be restored to its previous state.

View solution in original post

New member | Level 2

Thanks for the reply. He did. He works for a household name US company with its own dedicated Dropbox business rep and we still got nowhere. I was sent a standard reply telling me to to go to the help centre and search for an answer. There is no answer that I can find. 

I can supply the dedicated business rep's name, if that helps. Here is the reply and my ticket number.

Ticket #5100195: TEAMS: Personal account was deleted, restored, but Pro storage not restored

Hi there,

Yes, this reply is automated. And yes, we understand that might be frustrating to hear.

Truth is we’d love to chat one-on-one. But we’ve got a totally revamped self-serve tool, and it really is the best path to the fastest, most relevant answer to your question.

Simply click this link and select the issue that best describes your question. You’ll see steps to take to resolve your issue or what information we need from you to help. You’ll be Dropboxing again in no time.

https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/9223?ref=ar

We’re sincerely grateful to you for using Dropbox.

The Dropbox Team

Super User II

Gary_I wrote:

He did. He works for a household name US company with its own dedicated Dropbox business rep and we still got nowhere. I was sent a standard reply telling me ...

Did he contact Support, or did you? The request needs to come from the Business account team admin. He has access to phone support. The phone number and required PIN can be found in his admin console under Help.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?