cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just what does "Convert my Dropbox to a work Dropbox" actually do?

Just what does "Convert my Dropbox to a work Dropbox" actually do?

New member | Level 2

I've looked at the offer of the free team before (and again this evening),  but I'm still left unclear at what "Convert my Dropbox to a work Dropbox" actually means in terms of my current shared folders?

My usage is combined, but primarily personal business (with shared folders with my wife for the business, clients, etc.) - I really don't want a second account or have any need to separate personal/business. 

Does converting get me the 2GB bonus to the current acount? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Just what does "Convert my Dropbox to a work Dropbox" actually do?

Dropboxer
Hey emirabal, welcome to the Dropbox Forum! 

It’s my understanding that you have an email address connected to a Dropbox account that you’d like to associate with a Free Team (so as to take advantage of the extra features), is that correct? 

If so & you’d like to connect your work email to this team, you could just choose the option to Convert my Dropbox into a work Dropbox

Let me know how this works for you or just in case you need more help & I’ll do my best to follow-up. Hope you have a lovely Friday ahead! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dropboxer
Hi there,

We do allow our users to keep their accounts separate, but if you don't feel the need to do this, you'll have the option to upgrade your personal account to the free team.

You can find more information here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/9124

Thanks,
Vicky

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!

New member | Level 2

Hi Vicky,

Giving me a link with information that doesn't answer my questions isn't helpful.

What happens to my current dropbox and shares if I convert to a team account?

Do I get the 2GB bonus for converting to team ... or is that really just the standard new account 2GB I'd get for adding another account?

Barrie

Dropboxer

Hi Barrie, 

If I understand correctly, you would like to create a Free team with a Dropbox account that is on a Basic plan at the moment. This will not affect your quota or shared content. Everything will remain as it is. 

The extra 2GB will be granted on a Limited Team if you decide to pair a second Dropbox (personal) account with the one that is already on the team. 

The difference with a Limited Team is that it allows users to create a Team Folder and groups. 

Please let me know if you need more details about this. 

Kind Regards, 

JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

New member | Level 2

Just a quick add on question, i have a work email that i use for work and tend to share files in between. Can i link this account to make my work dropbox or do i need a completely different account?

Dropboxer
Hey emirabal, welcome to the Dropbox Forum! 

It’s my understanding that you have an email address connected to a Dropbox account that you’d like to associate with a Free Team (so as to take advantage of the extra features), is that correct? 

If so & you’d like to connect your work email to this team, you could just choose the option to Convert my Dropbox into a work Dropbox

Let me know how this works for you or just in case you need more help & I’ll do my best to follow-up. Hope you have a lovely Friday ahead! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]

Jane
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?