cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link a calendar event on a Google shared calendar

Link a calendar event on a Google shared calendar

Explorer | Level 4

When I try to link a calendar event, I am unable to link to a shared Gmail calendar my company uses, even though the shared calendar is listed in "My Calendars" and I have administrative access to this shared calendar.

No events from shared work calendar display as optionsNo events from shared work calendar display as optionsShared work calendar connected to Gmail Account (with example event on April 6, 2020)Shared work calendar connected to Gmail Account (with example event on April 6, 2020)Connected Gmail AccountConnected Gmail Accountcalendar. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Link a calendar event on a Google shared calendar

Dropboxer

Hey there @sarahatfrance, thanks for reaching out to us and for the screenshots! They definitely help have a better visual of your concern. 

Out of curiosity, does this happen to any other calendar that you've created and/or shared with other users? Have you also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the calendar? 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the fast response, Lusil!

Yes, this happens with other calendars I've created/shared with other users: I created a new calendar with my work Gmail and shared it with my personal Gmail just now to test it. I cannot see the event on the calendar I shared with myself.

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the calendar, but no luck yet.

Thanks again!

Dropboxer

Thanks for checking that out for me, @sarahatfrance

Hmm. Can you check if the calendar you created is set to make available to public in its settings? 

If you have and you're still not able to link the calendar's event, could you also make sure that the event settings are also set to Public and/or Free?

Once you do this, refresh your Paper doc and try again. 

Keep me posted!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 4

I checked "Make available to public" on the calendar shared between my work Gmail and my personal Gmail. The event is "free" and "public."

I refreshed the Paper doc without success. Then I disconnected and reconnected the calendar to check if that might fix it, but still nothing shows.

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply, @sarahatfrance

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address connected with your Community profile so that we can have a better look into it together. 

When you have the chance, check your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?