cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local access only: is there a way to block "remote" users ?

Local access only: is there a way to block "remote" users ?

New member | Level 2

We want employees to acess their Dropbox accounts only from our office computers, never from home, never from their phones, etc.

Is there a way to create a white list using IPs or Mac Addresses so we may grant access only to the local computers ?

Thx in advance.

MB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Local access only: is there a way to block "remote" users ?

Dropboxer
Hey @biagi, I'd happily send you the relevant info in regards to your security-specific inquiry!

Based on your description, it's my understandin that you're working on a Dropbox Business account, is that right? 

If so (& you’re the team admin), please note that admins of a Dropbox Business team on an Advanced or Enterprise plan can let team members access Dropbox by signing in to a central identity provider. With single sign-on (SSO), you can put the identity provider you already trust in charge of authentication, and team members can access Dropbox without another password to manage.

Additionally, you could check our Device approvals feature, which is currently available to admins on Advanced or Enterprise plans 

I hope that this is helpful to you & please do let me know if I you’d like me to explain any of the above in a bit more detail. Thanks for checking in on our Community on this inquiry & please keep me let me know whether this is what you were looking for initially! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Local access only: is there a way to block "remote" users ?

Dropboxer
Hey @biagi, I'd happily send you the relevant info in regards to your security-specific inquiry!

Based on your description, it's my understandin that you're working on a Dropbox Business account, is that right? 

If so (& you’re the team admin), please note that admins of a Dropbox Business team on an Advanced or Enterprise plan can let team members access Dropbox by signing in to a central identity provider. With single sign-on (SSO), you can put the identity provider you already trust in charge of authentication, and team members can access Dropbox without another password to manage.

Additionally, you could check our Device approvals feature, which is currently available to admins on Advanced or Enterprise plans 

I hope that this is helpful to you & please do let me know if I you’d like me to explain any of the above in a bit more detail. Thanks for checking in on our Community on this inquiry & please keep me let me know whether this is what you were looking for initially! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?