Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local files cannot be synced

alphahemp New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello, I installed the software on my PC(Win10), and the local file can not synced.

[personal information removed]

2 Replies 2

Re: Local files cannot be synced

Super User
Super User

Hello Alphahemp

Is this file/files inside your Dropbox folder?  any files and folders inside your Dropbox folder will be synced to the Cloud (Dropbox Servers) and to any linked devices and shared folders.

Also make sure the software, Desktop Client is running.  You can do that seeing a Dropbox icon in your System Tray 

Reply back and will try to help further.

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Re: Local files cannot be synced

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @alphahemp! Initially, please note that I removed personal info included in your post for security purposes. Moving on to your concern, I just wanted to add to what @Chris_J mentions. 

Syncing your files can take time if you have many/large files. Just because the files have been placed into the Dropbox folder doesn't mean the syncing has completed.

When Dropbox syncs files, it starts with all of the folders, then uploads files from smallest to largest. For this reason, it may look like the folders are empty or incomplete, but please be patient and don’t delete them from the Dropbox folder if the files haven't finished syncing.

You can see the sync status by holding your mouse over the Dropbox icon. It will either say all files up to date or tell you how many files are left to sync and how long it expects to take. Please note that this is an "instant" estimate based on the current upload speed and can change if you check the value just a few seconds later.

In any case, let us if you’re still experiencing some trouble with this and we’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?