cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logs sync versus login

Logs sync versus login

sblomq24
New member | Level 2

Question on Logging, how can I tell via the Activity Logs if a user signed in intentially or it was just a sync from one of there devices, is there something in the log that says yes the user sign in and it was not a Device Sync. I see the Event Category as Login and the Event Type as Signed In, so just trying to 100% say for certain this user logged and and performed these activites and it was not a SYNC on a device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Logs sync versus login

Rich
Super User II
Signed In appears to simply mean they made a connection to their account; either by signing in to the Dropbox website or by the desktop or mobile client making a connection. It doesn't seem to differentiate between the two.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Signed In appears to simply mean they made a connection to their account; either by signing in to the Dropbox website or by the desktop or mobile client making a connection. It doesn't seem to differentiate between the two.

View solution in original post

sblomq24
New member | Level 2

Ok thank you! If someone signed in then previewed a file though and there were was activity after the sign in regardless if it was a Sync if they previewed a file could you say they were actively using dropbox at that point, you would'nt preview a file during a Sync.

Rich
Super User II

I have no idea what you're asking.

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?