cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Logs sync versus login

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Question on Logging, how can I tell via the Activity Logs if a user signed in intentially or it was just a sync from one of there devices, is there something in the log that says yes the user sign in and it was not a Device Sync. I see the Event Category as Login and the Event Type as Signed In, so just trying to 100% say for certain this user logged and and performed these activites and it was not a SYNC on a device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Logs sync versus login

Super User II
Super User II
Signed In appears to simply mean they made a connection to their account; either by signing in to the Dropbox website or by the desktop or mobile client making a connection. It doesn't seem to differentiate between the two.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Signed In appears to simply mean they made a connection to their account; either by signing in to the Dropbox website or by the desktop or mobile client making a connection. It doesn't seem to differentiate between the two.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Ok thank you! If someone signed in then previewed a file though and there were was activity after the sign in regardless if it was a Sync if they previewed a file could you say they were actively using dropbox at that point, you would'nt preview a file during a Sync.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

I have no idea what you're asking.

[This thread is now closed due to inactivity. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?