cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move files to Folder

Move files to Folder

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I have sent a link to a customer (who has no Dropbox account) with "can edit" and password access.  I would like the customer to be able to move files between folders within the folder system. How do I do that?

Thanks! / Fredrik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Move files to Folder

Dropboxer
Thanks for looping back on this discussion Fredrik (@fresed)! While non-Dropbox users will be able to comment on the files you share with them via a shared link, they will not be able to re-arrange or move files within a directory (i.e. even if they do, this change will be merely reflected locally on their end) & rate the content. 

I hope that this is helpful on your picture selection process Fredrik; let me know if you need further advice with that & I’ll do my best to follow-up on this discussion. Thanks again & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dropboxer
Hey Fredrik (@fresed), shared links :link: allow recipients to view your files on Dropbox, but restrict their ability to edit them, whereas if you’ve granted someone edit access to a shared folder , they’ll need a Dropbox account to access your content. 

Based on your description, you’ve sent them a view-only downloadable link, that merely lets them see your files, though they can’t in any way modify your content there. If you’d like to work on a shared folder, you can ask your colleagues to create a Dropbox account. 

Hopefully this points you towards the right direction & please do let me know my advice works for you or in case you need further assistance in any way. Until we talk again, take care Fredrik! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jane!

Many thanks for your letter! Alright, is there a way for "non-dropboxusers" to comment, rate or move files to subfolders? This would be very helpful in a picture selection process that I conduct with different customers/collaborators. Some have dropbox and some don't. 

Have a nice day!

Fredrik

Dropboxer
Thanks for looping back on this discussion Fredrik (@fresed)! While non-Dropbox users will be able to comment on the files you share with them via a shared link, they will not be able to re-arrange or move files within a directory (i.e. even if they do, this change will be merely reflected locally on their end) & rate the content. 

I hope that this is helpful on your picture selection process Fredrik; let me know if you need further advice with that & I’ll do my best to follow-up on this discussion. Thanks again & enjoy the rest of your day! 

Jane

View solution in original post

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?