Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Dropbox files and folders are gone. and events record is empty.

manifesto
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I'm user of dropbox business in korea. 

My dropbox didn't synchronize at may 29, 2018 in the morning, so I made my dropbox  unsynchronize and logout (not disconnect with computer). and deleted dropbox program.

And then, I deleted whole dropbox folder. But despite deleting program, my files and folders that synchronized with computer was gone. There isn't any events record at May 29, 2018 in the morning. 

The only folders selected for synchronizing was gone. Another folders that I didn't selected are alive.

Could I get backup service for get my old files and folder in diffrent folder?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Re: My Dropbox files and folders are gone. and events record is empty.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey manifesto, thanks for posting us on Forum on this inquiry, I understand that losing important files can be a difficult experience, so I’ll do my best to follow-up with you! 

Based on a brief I made on my end, I could see that you’ve already submitted a ticket on our system & my colleague has been awaiting your reply. Have you received our message? 

As it’s my understanding that you’d need some additional assistance on the matter, I’d suggest replying to your discussion with our specialized team member, as they have can access your account specifics & send you the most appropriate next steps. 

Hopefully my tips are helpful to you, though I’m always here in case there’s anything else I could do for you, so please keep me updated whenever you get a chance & we’ll take it from there. Thanks again & take care in the meantime! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

manifesto
Explorer | Level 4
Hi, Jane.
Thank you for your reply.

I haven't received your message. Please send me again?
and actually I couldn't find the way to get a ticket.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Oh, thanks for letting me know manifesto, as it’s highly likely that you’re not receiving our messages. 

As an initial step, you may need to check your spam folder for our emails or add "no-reply@dropbox.com" to your address book, in order to make sure to receive our correspondence. Do you have a filter that could be blocking our emails perhaps? Following, I’d recommend logging in to our support system by visiting dropbox.zendesk.com with the email address you used to log the ticket initially, so as to check the interaction. You‘ll need to create a password there, as it is separate from your Dropbox account. 

Please do keep me updated on your findings or how these steps work for you here, so as to follow-up with you more closely!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?