Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My account is part of another company, how can I make it my own again?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I have had a business dropbox that I set up myself.  Last fall, a company that we were working with shared folders with me and took over the payment of the account.  Now when I sign into my own account the other company's business name is on top of my information file.  I want the account to be my own again, and take over the payments, but I am concerned that I will still be associated with the other company.  Any advice on how to move forward with creating new billing information, new company name and less team members.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Account

Super User II
Super User II

It sounds like you had your own personal account (that you were usinf for business purposes) and were invited to joine someone else's Business team. When doing so, your account is merged into the Business account and ceases to be yours. It now belongs to the other party and any remaining time on your account (if it was a paid account) is refunded back to your original form of payment.

If they remove you from the Business team, your account is simply deleted, so make sure they don't do that. Instead, you need the team admin for the Business account to convert your account back to an individual account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

It sounds like you had your own personal account (that you were usinf for business purposes) and were invited to joine someone else's Business team. When doing so, your account is merged into the Business account and ceases to be yours. It now belongs to the other party and any remaining time on your account (if it was a paid account) is refunded back to your original form of payment.

If they remove you from the Business team, your account is simply deleted, so make sure they don't do that. Instead, you need the team admin for the Business account to convert your account back to an individual account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much Rich

Appreciate your help.  All fixed!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?