cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My desktop app isn't linked to an account after I upgraded to a Business plan. What can I do?

My desktop app isn't linked to an account after I upgraded to a Business plan. What can I do?

MickP
New member | Level 2

I upgraded my account to business and my desktop says this computer isn't linked to an account now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Linked account

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there Mick - sorry to hear about this.

I'm wondering, have you restarted your computer since you first upgraded your account?

If you did and this persists, could you forward me a screenshot of how this looks like on your end so that I can get a better understanding of the matter at hand? 

Thanks! 

PS: If you could also ensure that there's no antivirus, firewall or VPN/proxy setting that could be preventing our app from connecting to the internet properly, that'd be great. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there Mick - sorry to hear about this.

I'm wondering, have you restarted your computer since you first upgraded your account?

If you did and this persists, could you forward me a screenshot of how this looks like on your end so that I can get a better understanding of the matter at hand? 

Thanks! 

PS: If you could also ensure that there's no antivirus, firewall or VPN/proxy setting that could be preventing our app from connecting to the internet properly, that'd be great. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Re: My desktop app isn't linked to an account after I upgraded to a Business plan. What can I do?

MickP
New member | Level 2

I haven't restarted my computer. I'll try that.

Re: My desktop app isn't linked to an account after I upgraded to a Business plan. What can I do?

Walter
Dropboxer

Any updates on the matter @MickP?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

kenpaul
New member | Level 2

Hi I have a similar problem. I upgraded ($120) my dropbox account and kept getting messages that my dropbox was full. After finally getting ahold of a Dropbox rep (no easy task) it was discovered that the account that was upgraded was an email account to which I no longer have access.

I have remained in contact with the rep but still no solution. When I attempt to log in to my old account which was upgraded I get a prompt to chance my password which I cannot do since I no longer have access to the email address so I just get into a loop. Any ideas?

Thanks

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @kenpaul; I'm sorry for the late reply.

If you're still having issues with this, I'd suggest using an incognito window without signing into any account. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this helps! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?