cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Need help reclaiming personal account from an unresponsive client/admin

Need help reclaiming personal account from an unresponsive client/admin

WillSee
New member | Level 2

I accepted an invitation to join a Dropbox Business account which merged my personal account and all my files with it. I now wish to disassociate my account but have had no luck communicating with the admin. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to "force eject" my account without losing content from my folders?

1 Reply 1

Re: Need help reclaiming personal account from an unresponsive client/admin

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hey @WillSee, thanks for checking in with us. 

Since you joined a Business team, only the admin is able to convert your account back to a Basic one again, as they have the capability to manage the team. 

You can reach out though to our Support team from this link, if you'd like some further assistance on the matter.

Perhaps in the meantime, you can setup a new Dropbox account and share your files there.

Let me know if you have any additional questions though and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Need more support?