cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change Account information

Need to change Account information

krisbran
Explorer | Level 3

We have a business account but the person listed as the administrator is no longer at the firm.  I have tried to email support to change our access but have not gotten any help.  How do I contact a live person?

13 Replies 13

Re: Need to change Account information

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @krisbran, thanks for your post!

Do you have access to the former admin's Dropbox account? If so, you can follow the steps here to change the admin permissions on the team.

Only Dropbox Business admins have access to phone support at the moment, but if you need any more help, make sure to let me know.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

krisbran
Explorer | Level 3

Hannah,

We do not have access to the Admins account log on.  They do not remember the log on information.  We do not want to loose all of the information that is associates with the account.  My phone number is <SNIP>

Mark
Super User II

@krisbran argh!

please do not post phone numbers on a public forum unless you wish to be scammed. Dropbox, I'm afraid, isnt going to call you. Its all via email. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @krisbran!

If your team has another admin, you'll need to ask them to give you admin rights

However, if the user you mention was the only admin in the team and you are able to contact them, you can reach out to them (as the current admin) directly and have them change the roles

If there are no other admins in your team and this comes to a dead-end for you, you can always contact our Support team for further assistance on the matter. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

krisbran
Explorer | Level 3

We have no other admins on our business account.  I am trying to get in touch with someone so I can get it changed to me.  I emailed dropbox support and did not get a workable answer.

If there are no other admins in your team and this comes to a dead-end for you, you can always contact our Support team for further assistance on the matter. 

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @krisbran, thank you for writing back with additional info! 

When you say you didn't get a workable answer, can you let me know a bit more more? 

If you have a ticket number from your communication, feel free to share it with me. 

Keep me posted!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

krisbran
Explorer | Level 3

Lori,

These are the answers I got. Both tell me to email dropbox support which is what I did to get the ticket numbers in the first place

Ticket #12295659: DB: Can't Access out Business Account

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Dropbox support. Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team.

Your technical support options depend on what kind of account you have. To see the support options for your account, log in and go to https://dropbox.com/support.

In the meantime, why not check out our help centre at https://help.dropbox.com/learn/faqs for FAQs, how-to articles and more or why not reach out to our Dropbox community https://www.dropboxforum.com where you can get answers and discover new ways to use Dropbox.

The Dropbox Support team

Are you having issues logging into your account? Try our sign in FAQs
Have a payments or billing question? Try our payments FAQs
Think you want to cancel or have a cancelation question? Try our cancelations FAQs
Security or privacy question? Try our security FAQs

Ticket #12331167: RE: DB: Can't Access out Business Account

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to Dropbox support. Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team.

Your technical support options depend on what kind of account you have. To see the support options for your account, log in and go to https://dropbox.com/support.

In the meantime, why not check out our help centre at https://help.dropbox.com/learn/faqs for FAQs, how-to articles and more or why not reach out to our Dropbox community https://www.dropboxforum.com where you can get answers and discover new ways to use Dropbox.

The Dropbox Support team

Are you having issues logging into your account? Try our sign in FAQs
Have a payments or billing question? Try our payments FAQs
Think you want to cancel or have a cancelation question? Try our cancelations FAQs
Security or privacy question? Try our security FAQs

Here is the original email that somehow made it to us even though the email address is incorrect:

Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 10:11 AM
To: [email address removed by moderator]
Subject: Action required on your Dropbox Plus account

Hi Eric,

We’re still unable to charge you for your Dropbox Plus account after multiple attempts. Please check your billing information to make sure it's up to date, otherwise, your account will be downgraded.

Update your billing info

Remember that after downgrading to Dropbox Basic, your account will drop from 2 TB to 2 GB of space (plus any bonus space earned previously), and you will lose access to security features like shared link passwords, shared folder permissions, and remote wipe.

Dropbox will stop syncing if your usage goes over your new quota, and you won’t be able to add any files in your Dropbox until the amount of space used is below your account’s available space.

Sincerely,
- The Dropbox Team

© 2021 Dropbox

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @krisbran, thank you for all the useful info you've provided my way! 

Keep in mind, that I checked both ticket numbers and they're linked on a Basic account, not a Business one.

Is it possible that you've been removed from the Team, or that the Business account is linked on a different email address, than the one you used when contacting support? 

Keep me updated on the issue.

Lori
dropbox.com/support

krisbran
Explorer | Level 3
Lori,   
     That may mean that I also have a personal account instead of the business account.  I always thought I was on the business account.  Therefore that means this is even more difficult.  The name of the Firm is Edwards & Ragatz.  The email addresses that may be associated with the account and that are no longer active as both people have left our firm are [email address removed per the Community's Guidelines]
Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    krisbran Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?