cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Folders After Initial Setup

No Folders After Initial Setup

New member | Level 2

My employer sent me an email inviting me to join their dropbox team. I clicked the link and created the account but I could only see one of the folders. The Admin then deleted my account and sent me a new link once more but I was never able to recieve this link. He then tried to send it a few more times to no avail. I have also tried emailing your zendesk support yesterday but they still have yet to respond and I need these files to get to work ASAP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Folders After Initial Setup

Dropboxer
Hey @RenataG, welcome to our community! 

I have located your support ticket in our system, and have assigned it to an agent. They’ll be in touch with you as soon as possible. 

In the mean time, can you tell me what the name of the folder that you could see was? Was it the team folder?

Keep in mind that if there are other folders in the business account besides that team folder, the team admin will have to add you to them. If they are Shared Folders, the owner of those folders will have to invite you to them.

Have a look at this, and let me know. 
Cheers! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https:confused face:/dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Super User

Hello RenataG

Thanks for reaching out to us.  First off, make sure your employer uses the correct email address that is associated with your Dropbox Account.  More info: https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/business/join-business-team 

Depending on the type of email you use, (personal or Work) you need to accept an invitation.  It's not automatic.  Please read the Help article linked above.  If you still having issues,  you can REQUEST an invitation to the business account.  The same Help Article can explain how to do that.

Hopes this helps

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

New member | Level 2

I tried following the instructions on the link but they didn't apply to me/ didn't work. Unfortunately I do not see my name on the bottom left corner. Screenshot is attached.

Super User

What do you see if you click on Files on the left hand side?  Once there click on Sharing. Do you see an invitation shown at top of page?  Also are you sure the email address that is linked to thus account is the exact one used to invite you to the Business Account?

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

New member | Level 2

It offers only for me to upload files and invite others to upload things to my files. I can't find a link or text anywhere that could lead me to send a request to my team.

I'm also 100% positive the email is correct. The only thing was after I did initial set up my admin canceled my account because I could only see/access 1 file from the 3 I require. I then set up a profile again when I clicked on the old link since the admin was unable to send me another link to join. This time the profile was set up as personal because I tried to use an old link that no longer worked.

Super User

Okay I’m a little bit confused, are trying to join a Business account? Or are trying to join a Shared Folder?  These 2 things are totally different.  It seems to me that you are just want to share a folder/folders. If that is the case then follow this:  https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/share-with-others

see also https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/cant-access-shared

hopes this helps 

New member | Level 2

I'm trying to join an existing business account that already contains folders I need in order to do my job.

My CURRENT account (that was accidentally set up as a personal) will only let ME share folders with OTHERS.

Super User

Have done what this article says? https:confused face:/www.dropbox.com/help/business/join-business-team

New member | Level 2

Yeah that's why I posted the screenshot originally.... my dropbox homepage, when I open it doesn't have any of the links or buttons that the directions you sent me tell me to follow.

Super User

Well then it appears that your employer didn’t do the invitation correctly. You did stated that he tried again. Hmm,  sorry I am out of ideas here. Nothing made sense. I do not have experience on the Business account side to be of help.

Maybe someone else will chime in here   I’ll do some digging 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?